Training and Development Policy
‘Your company name’ believes in the importance of lifelong learning for all directors, staff and associates, and in the need for continued professional development (CPD) this training and development document aims to set out our goals.
‘Your company name’ works towards continual ‘reflexive practitioner’ processes in order to enhance the learning environment for all involved in our projects.
The company will employ and contract from a pool of highly qualified, experienced and well-respected professionals who already have high levels of education (to at least Masters level with the exception of administrative staff).
Our staff and associates will be selected because of their highly developed practical skills in written and oral communication. Demonstrating professional and ethical conduct, analysis, evaluation and synthesis of a wide variety of information including research. This will lead to sound practical advice for our clients.
Professional development will build on these skills to assist team members and individual researchers or consultants and apply these skills to satisfy our clients needs.
The training will be designed to enable associates and staff to:
- participate in accessible and relevant training and development which is economical in the use of their time;
- experience learning methods which take account of individual learning styles;
- participate in training which takes due account of prevailing legislation;
- participate fully in training activities that will be relevant to all participants irrespective of gender, age, ethnicity or disability;
- hone and apply core skills essential for all of the company’s methods.
- What can staff and associates expect of the company?
All staff and associates can expect the company to:
- provide induction to the work of our company, its mission, standards and values;
- train them in specialist skills needed to carry out or facilitate research or consultancy work; this includes effective use of the electronic communications system set up to support projects;
- assist them to develop sufficient confidence to undertake or facilitate their projects;
- hold regular reflexive practitioner meetings, coaching sessions and lead-researcher/consultant observations and follow-up reflection discussions;
- we will work together in teams and will have regular team meetings with a focus on the development of skills and team cohesion;
- provide training reference material to use after completion of their training;
- The company provides our staff with the documents and tools they need to carry out their assignments;
- add them to our company’s mailing list for receipt of relevant new publications and information about our work;
- provide them with opportunities to contribute to the evaluation of the methods which they use on our projects.
Benefits for clients and other organisations
- confidence that ‘your company’ researchers and consultants are properly trained to undertake research and consultancy work professionally, and confidently;
- consistent application of chosen method;
- consistency in quality, ethical processes and benefit realisation.
Related documents: Quality Policy, Health & Safety Policy, Diversity Policy.
See more posts like this in my Education Section
Why not get posts in your inbox by subscribing to https://roymogg.substack.com or subscribing via WordPress on this site
The post Training and Development Policy Key Points appeared first on .